Employee resilience , what is it?
Have you ever noticed how some of your employees manage challenging situations with ease while others find it difficult to keep up? Well, the secret behind their resilience might be simpler than you think. Employees are better able to endure change, uncertainty, and adversity when they are engaged and feel appreciated.
We will discuss how to encourage employee engagement within your firm as well as the role that it plays in fostering resilience.
Understanding Resilience in Employee
We have all seen some people power through tough times and come out even stronger on the other side. Now, that is resilience in action.
Their ability to bounce back. And in the corporate world, resilience is a crucial trait for employees to possess.
Resilient workers stand out when times are rough. They are hardworking individuals who successfully balance their well-being and productivity to keep the business running smoothly. Maintaining this level of productivity, though, can be challenging. Because unforeseen issues can occasionally occur and affect a worker’s performance.
Employee engagement is the baseline on which resilience is built. When employees are engaged, they’re more likely to be adaptable, persistent, and driven – even when economic conditions get rocky.
They stay motivated, and committed, and continue to work towards their organization’s objectives, even in tough times. That’s why corporations are starting to place a greater emphasis on employee engagement as a way to foster resilience.
They’re exploring new and creative strategies and tools to help keep their employees engaged, setting the stage for a more resilient workforce.
Giftpesa: A Digital Gifting Company Leading the Way
One such innovative solution that is gaining popularity among corporations is gifting.
Giftpesa provides a platform that allows organizations to reward, appreciate, and engage their employees with a seamless digital gifting experience.
The digital gifting model is uniquely positioned to enhance employee engagement and foster resilience, especially during tough economic times.
Here’s how Giftpesa is making a difference in this context:
● Variety of choices: Giftpesa offers a vast selection of gifts, from foodstuff to
experiences, making it easy for companies to provide corporate gifts hassle-free.
● Customization: The digital gifting platform enables companies to customize rewards and
recognition programs. Personalization ensures that employees feel valued and
● Instant disbursement: The platform allows employers to provide rewards in a click.
● Cost-Effective Rewards: Digital gifting is a cost-effective way to reward employees
without straining the company’s budget. It allows corporations to demonstrate their appreciation even during tough financial times, which can be a morale booster for employees.
Employees are more likely to exhibit resilience in the following ways when they feel connected, supported, and valued:
1. Emotional Support: Everyone (Atleast) needs a shoulder to lean on, and more often, employees seek this shoulder outside the office. However, engaged employees are most likely to seek emotional support from their colleagues and superiors.
2. Sense of Purpose: We often compare companies to families. If I’m not mistaken, this indicates that we are members of this wonderful family. Right? Employees are therefore more likely to feel strongly motivated to work hard when they realize how crucial and impactful their activities are to the business.
3. Continuous Learning and Adaptability: Employees who are engaged are more willing to learn from new experiences and adjust to them. They view obstacles as chances for growth.
4. High Job Satisfaction: When employees are satisfied and happy with their work, they stay loyal to their employers despite economic uncertainty.
5. Improved Well-being: Employees who receive good treatment at work have better emotional and physical health.
Effective leaders can make a significant impact on how employees navigate through economic hardships. Here’s how leaders can contribute to this process:
The Vital Role of Managers in building employee resilience
Transparent, honest, and regular communication from HRs and Managers is essential. Employees need to understand the organization’s financial situation, plans, and how their roles fit into the bigger picture. Open communication fosters trust, reduces uncertainty, and empowers employees to face adversity.
2. Recognition and Appreciation:
Managers should acknowledge employees’ efforts and accomplishments, even small ones, and reward them when possible. Recognition is a powerful tool to enhance engagement and motivation.
3. Supportive Management:
Human resources and managers must be empathetic and approachable. They should actively listen to employees, provide support, and help them access resources for managing stress and uncertainty.
Empowering employees to make decisions and take ownership of their work can boost their confidence and resilience. It helps them feel in control even when the external environment is unpredictable.
5. Training and Development:
Offering opportunities for skill development and career growth, even during challenging economic periods, can demonstrate a commitment to employees’ long-term success.
Employee engagement is crucial in ensuring that your staff has the emotional support, a sense of purpose, constant learning, high job satisfaction, and enhanced well-being that they need to be resilient in the face of any challenges that come their way
With the festive season around the corner, implementing a digital gifting program through Giftpesa, is undoubtedly one of the most efficient and cheapest ways to build your employees’ resilience